Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Somehow, Somewhere, Somewhen, Somewhy - a poem by Liam UiCearbhaill

This poem was two years in the making. I have Tourette's Syndrome and, while I do not break into profanity when stressed, I do find myself stuck on certain phrases and words that stick to me like the song from a Disneyland Ride. The refrain from this poem was one such phrase that stuck with me for two years until I put it into this poem. Then, having packaged it appropriately, I did not have it constantly running through my brain anymore.

If you enjoy my poetry, please share the link, post a comment, or buy my book.

Thank you,
Liam UiCearbhaill

This poem is in the collection Poetry's Purpose

Available for Kindle download at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YX2VZ78

Available in Printed version at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uicearbhaill

=============================================================


Somehow, Somewhere, Somewhen, Somewhy

Somehow, somewhere, somewhen, somewhy
The world will change for you and I
The mean shall leave in a chartered boat
Across the deeps of space they’ll float
And all that they shall leave behind,
The good, the true, the clean, the kind
The poor shall rise up from their sheds
And take their place in silken beds
The sick shall be by health set free
And hospitals shall art stores be

Somehow, somewhere, somewhen, somewhy
The smog shall leave our tortured skies
The streams shall run with water clean
And slums shall sprout with forests green
The bison shall, with thunder, roam
In massive herds their former home
Dioxins, lead and DDT
Shall from our world forever flee
And greenhouse gases shall disperse,
The Mother’s balance reign on Earth

Somehow, somewhere, somewhen, somewhy
The children shall no longer cry
Their bellies full and raised in love
Without the scream, the hit, the snub
And valued shall their elders be
Those hoary heads give wisdom free
The White, the Brown, the Black, the Red
Shall leave their hatreds lying dead
Behind them in the road of life
And charge ahead, full free of strife

Somehow, somewhere, somewhen, somewhy
I may desert these dreams and lies
I may become a cynic true
And turn from skies of deepest blue
To grudgingly accept the fate
That comes to those who whine and hate
Til then I’ll hold that some sweet day
The world will find a better way
And pray that when my hope is gone
Some other fool will carry on

No comments:

Post a Comment